The surgical removal of teeth is an excepted part of clinical practice. For more complex cases including 3rd molar surgery (wisdom teeth), oral medicine, biopsies and soft tissue surgery, Dr Graydon Smith, specialist oral surgeon, consults at The Dental Practice in Bathurst. Dr Smith has been visiting our practice for over 20 years and brings with him a wealth of knowledge and skill.
Some of the most common reasons for oral surgery include:
- Wisdom teeth extraction if the teeth are severely impacted
- Bone or soft tissue grafts to enable the placement of implants
- Severe endodontic (root canal) treatment
- Oral cancer removal
- Treating Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ)
- Apicectomies – where a portion of the root of a tooth is removed to combat infection or trauma
- Tooth Exposure and gold chain placement for orthodontic treatment
Contact our friendly team at The Dental Practice in Bathurst to find out more about our oral surgery procedures or to arrange a consultation.