For patients with misaligned teeth, the benefits of orthodontic dental treatment can help improve function and help create an even smile. Misaligned teeth are harder to keep clean and the risk of tooth decay and gum disease is increased.
Dr Mark Sinclair, although not a specialist orthodontist, is qualified to treat many orthodontic problems. If required, Dr Sinclair will refer you to Dr John Coolican, a visiting orthodontist with many years experience who also happens to be an ex "Wallaby". Dr Coolican has been travelling to Bathurst since 1990 and in this time has helped many a 'Bathurstians' smile.
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is one of the specialised fields of dentistry. It is concerned with the growth and development of the teeth and jaws and associated structures. Treatment involves resolution of the irregularities that can occur in the mouth which can be corrected to help improve dental health and general well being.
5 tips to care for your braces!
- Brush your teeth carefully, under the wires and for at least two minutes.
- Remember to floss all your teeth getting under the wires and between the brackets!
- Use your brush to get all the plaque off your brackets so it doesn’t spread to your teeth.
- Remember to eat foods that are softer and don’t require chewing while your mouth adjusts. Also, try to avoid sticky or tough foods that will get stuck in your braces.
- Ask your orthodontists about different colours for your brackets and rubber bands.
Contact The Dental Practice to arrange an orthodontic consultation with your local dentist in Bathurst.