We pride ourselves on being a 'One Stop Shop' for all your dental needs and offer a wide range of services that we will tailor to suit your individual needs and requirements.
For patients with misaligned teeth, the benefits of orthodontic dental treatment can be significant. There are many ways to straighten teeth, which can improve patient’s appearance, comfort level and oral health. Misaligned teeth are harder to keep clean and the risk of tooth decay and gum disease is increased.
Dr Mark Sinclair, although not a specialist orthodontist, is qualified to treat many orthodontic problems. If required, Dr Sinclair will refer you to Dr John Coolican, a visiting orthodontist with many years experience who also happens to be an ex "Wallaby". Dr Coolican has been travelling to Bathurst since 1990 and in this time has helped many a Bathurstians smile.
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is one of the specialised fields of dentistry. It is concerned with the growth and development of the teeth and jaws and associated structures. Treatment involves resolution of the irregularities that can occur in the mouth which can be successfully corrected, increasing self-confidence, dental health and general well being.
Below is a video demonstrating the use of braces to re-align teeth. This is one of the most common orthodontic treatments.
5 Tips to care for your braces!
- Brush your teeth carefully, under the wires and for at least two minutes.
- Remember to floss all your teeth getting under the wires and between the brackets!
- Use your brush to get all the plague of your brackets so it doesn’t spread to your teeth.
- When your first get them remember to eat foods that are softer and don’t require chewing while your mouth adjusts. Also, try to avoid sticky or tough foods that will get stuck in your braces.
- Wear your braces with pride! As your orthodontists about different colours for your brackets and rubber bands.
Contact The Dental Practice to arrange an orthodontic consultation with your local dentist in Bathurst.